Office of the Dean
Location: Gunter 1000
Dean: Denise A. Battles, Ph.D.
Associate Dean : Douglas Marshall, Ph.D.
The College of Natural and Health Sciences at the University of Northern Colorado serves the people of Colorado and the nation through the advancement and dissemination of fundamental knowledge, by providing high-quality undergraduate and graduate instruction, and by applying knowledge to solve problems in areas of natural and health sciences and science-related education. To achieve this mission, the College supports:
- Foundational undergraduate education, academic degrees and professional preparation in natural, health, human and mathematical sciences to prepare students to understand and use these disciplines in their lives and careers in the 21st Century.
- Focused graduate programs in Natural and Health Sciences and related areas of science education, preparing teachers, college professors, researchers, and other professionals.
- Basic and applied research in all areas of the natural and health sciences represented in the college, including externally supported activities and both undergraduate and graduate research experiences.
- K-12 teacher preparation in disciplines represented in the college.
- Outreach and service programs supporting K-12 teachers and students, health and service professionals, schools, health care organizations, businesses and government agencies.
Programs in the College of Natural and Health Sciences are designed to prepare students for careers in science and industry, health care organizations, community and human service agencies, and schools. In addition, students can pursue pre-professional studies in dentistry, medicine, optometry, pharmacy, podiatry, veterinary medicine, chiropractic medicine, engineering, and education.
The College contains six Schools and one Department:
- School of Biological Sciences
- Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- School of Earth Sciences and Physics
- School of Human Sciences
- School of Mathematical Sciences
- School of Nursing
- School of Sport and Exercise Science