Undergraduate Catalog 2024-2025

Transfer Evaluation

Upon a student’s admission to the University official transcripts for undergraduate students are routed to the Office of the Registrar for evaluation. Transfer courses may be awarded direct equivalency to UNC courses at the discretion of the related academic unit at UNC. Once a course equivalency is established, it is applied consistently to any student who transfers the respective course from that point forward. A student’s record will be updated with direct equivalencies up to the point of matriculation at UNC (the first day of the first term for which a degree-seeking student registers). After the point of matriculation, no direct equivalencies will be retroactively assigned.

However, attributes for the Liberal Arts Curriculum, major, and/or minor programs may still be added to a matriculated student’s record. The major/minor department also has the option to use a course adjustment form to allow any non-equivalent courses to be assigned to the major/minor.

Contact Information

Questions regarding transfer evaluation may be directed to transfereval@unco.edu.

  • Transcripts for already admitted undergraduate students should be sent to:

UNC Office of the Registrar
Campus Box 50
Greeley, CO 80639


  • Transcripts for new undergraduate applicants not yet admitted should be sent to:

UNC Office of Admissions
Campus Box 10
Greeley, CO 80639


Student Complaints

If a disagreement regarding the transferability of credits for coursework or a degree occurs between and student and the institution, the Colorado Department of Higher Education will facilitate an expeditious review and resolution of the matter. Complaints can be filed at highered.colorado.gov/filing-student-complaint. The Colorado Commission on Higher Education shall have final authority in resolving transfer disputes.