Graduate Catalog 2021-2022


Official transcript requests are made through the Office of the Registrar. There is a fee for each transcript ordered. Appropriate request procedures and fee payment options are outlined at

Educational institutions or third party transcript processors who are requesting official UNC transcripts on behalf of a student must submit the following:

  • A third party records release signed by the student, no digital signatures will be accepted, which includes the student's name, previous names, dates of attendance, date of birth, and last 4 digits of the SSN (optional).
  • A third party may use its own record release form if it provides all the information listed above. UNC’s release form can be found at
  • For additional information on ordering and how to submit requests please visit:

Third parties who may request transcripts on behalf of students may include:

  • Accredited educational institutions
  • Transcript processing companies
  • Military
  • Law firms, legal counsel
  • Government institutions

Third parties who may not request on behalf of a student:

  • Parents
  • Spouses
  • Family members
  • Private employers
  • Others with no legitimate educational interest

The University of Northern Colorado retains the right to deny any third party request, in which the university feels the student would be best served by requesting their own transcripts.